Health and Safety
Safety is the highest priority of the management of AcuVac. Our employees deserve a safe working environment and the Company has developed a Health and Safety Policy and Procedures manual that provides the basis for the manner in which we provide our services.
The Company cultivates a culture of safety by:
- Providing all necessary training to all staff.
- Instilling positive health and safety behavior among employees.
- Complying with applicable health and safety regulations.
- Identifying and meeting client specific health and safety expectations.
- Making compliance with health and safety policies a condition of employment.
Our employees take an active role in safety by:
- Following safe work practices.
- Wearing fire resistant clothing (FRC) and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Recognizing health and safety hazards and the use of appropriate safeguards.
Central to our program is the Loss Prevention System, a behavioral management safety program that is integrated into all aspects of our daily work. Every employee works in an LPS environment. We use LPS tools: among them the Job Safety Analysis and Safe-Performance Self Assessment – to ensure that our people are continuously reviewing job activities, defining the hazards associated with each step, and using a peer support system to continue working safely.
Each of our operators have certifications in the following:
- OSHA 40-Hour Hazwoper training (29 CFR 1910.120)
- OSHA 8-Hour Hazwoper Refresher training (29 CFR 1910.120 (e)(q))
- SafeLandUSA Basic safety training
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) annual training
- Loss Prevention System training
- Loss Prevention System annual refresher training
- Client specific training as needed
- Site specific training as needed